Thursday, April 22, 2010

As well as having an election to cope with, and the following Thursday a VERY special night at The Hedsor Social Club with Vasilis Xenopoulos and singer Michael L. Roberts (May 13th), there is ONE MORE activity to fit in between being counted out (or IN), and Vasilis.

Our regular drummer Martin Hart is running another of his evenings of Jazz at The Woodley Theatre on May 8th. This time his guest is saxophonist Sue Greenway. Now, to the best of my knowledge, I have never heard Miss Greenway play, but a quick trawl of the mighty web gave me the following info:-

Sue Greenway
Saxophone, clarinet, flute, vocals. Four years with the Syd Lawrence Orchestra. Several years with the RAF Squadronnaires. Appearances with the BBC Big Band. Many West End shows.


SO she seems to be something special.

I cant find a mention of her, or Martin's night, on the Woodley Theatre web site, so I thought I would bring it to your attention myself. The Woodley Jazz Nights are usually good fun, and if you ring the Box Office 0118 9690827 you may find out more about it, like how much and what time!!

In the meantime I can only urge you to vote EVERY Thursday for the Jazz Party, care of, The Hedsor Social Club, Bourne End, Bucks. Like most voting, even if by foot, it will only cost you money, this time £5, to get in. After your in, well, you never can tell what a vote will cost you!!

TTFN

Keep Live Jazz Alive

No comments: