Monday, May 23, 2016

First of all I must say a great big "THANK YOU" for all the kind thoughts and prayers that have come my way since I managed to get myself into Wexham Park Hospital with pneumonia. Cards, visitors, flowers and even chocolates have all come my way since May 8th. I can say that I am now well on the way to recovery, still a bit week, find sleep more often than I used to, but I am slowly "getting there" as "they" say.

I managed to miss our Cancer Research UK fund raising evening with Karen Sharp and Stuart Henderson, but Jan Burton kindly took some photos of the evening, which are below.
 
Karen Sharp and Stuart Henderson

The Band
Gospel
FOOD!
I wont ramble on in my usual fashion this week, I am being kept a beady eye on by Mrs Cronin, who has had a lot to do whilst I have been away, and doesn't want to do it all again soon!

THIS WEEK at Hedsor we have that lovely friend of Hedsor Jazz John Coverdale coming to play alongside Clive. Also we have Mike Jeffries on drums replacing Martin Hart, who has managed to squeeze in ANOTHER short holiday.

Our usual start time and admission fee apply, and no, there wont be any food!!

You might like to know that we raised £200 for CRUK on May 8th, and Dee and I will be going along very soon to give a cheque to the Maidenhead branch, who, if you remember, supported us so well at last years St Pirans jazz day.

Since I "turned" 70, I have tried every year to sponsor a Hedsor Jazz evening near my birthday. Of recent years I have celebrated survival rather than age. This year it seems more appropriate that ever, and on August 11th Hedsor Jazz will be supported(?) by Tracey Mendham and Alan Grahame. Now where do they get their energy from!!

God bless you all, and thank you again for all your support over the last couple of weeks.

No comments: