Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Geoff's blog again, but this time its about Hedsor Jazz!

During my absence, Peter England has not only taken your money, but taken photos as well, so many thanks to Peter for helping out.

So here are his pictures:-

From July 6th, The Duncan Lamont Mark Aston Session




 























From July 13th. the Ed Benstead Nick Mills Session

















I am assured I missed a couple of great sessions, but you can let me know this week!!

Coming to us THIS THURSDAY, July 20th, we have “our” reed man Mike Wills coupled with guitarist Jezz Cook. Both travel to us from Oxford, and both have been to us before as a coupling. Mike has obviously also been to us many times in the past as part of the Clive Burton Quintet. Jezz has come to us as a guest  alongside Mike many times in the past few years as well.











An internationally renowned guitarist Jezz often plays in the manouche gypsy jazz style. When alongside Mike together they have sometimes played tribute to Benny Goodman with  Jezz adopting the Charlie Christian guitar style.

 

One thing they definitely are, and that is versatile. So come along and see. The rhythm section supporting them will be led by Martin Hart our drummer, and may well have Ken McCarthy on keyboard and perhaps Peter Hughes on bass. (OK I have been away, with fingers on other pulses)!

 

One final comment, after much deliberation I have signed up for next years Swanage Jazz Festival (July 12th to 14th 2024). I have more than accommodation as a reservation! I don’t know the program, and I’m sure the prices will be higher than this year, but I would hate to see The Swanage Jazz Festival fold. Sometimes you just have to put your money, and your body, where your mouth is!

No comments: