Tuesday, October 16, 2007



Last nights Hedsor guitar jazz evening was just wonderful!

Those (few) who were there will all assure you who weren't how marvellous it was. And they will begin to bore you, and rant on about how good it was!! AND they will be feeling smug, because THEY turned out and enjoyed one of the best evenings of "modern" modern jazz that Hedsor has seen so far.

We will try to maintain that standard, but not the standard of exclusivity that last nights audience enjoyed!

I did take my camera (see blog), Vasil WAS there, and I captured the entire evening on my MiniDisk recorder as well. I have yet to check it out properly , but an initial check when I got home last night revealed a pretty decent recording! A souvenir for all who were present if the want it, when I have tidied it up.

Next month we will have Dave O'Higgins with James and Lisa, so put the date in your diary NOW, and bring some friends as well, because it will me tremendous! November 19th.

There is another chance for you all to capture some of the jazz magic that is being created these days at The Hedsor Social Club by coming THIS THURSDAY to hear Simon Spillett!

Talking with Vasilis last night, he hasn't ever met, or played with Simon. I think we will have to rearrange that!! What at sax night THAT would be.

Geoff C

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Absoultely Brilliant night Geoff!
Vasil was stunning - he made it all seem so effortless.

I particularly liked the Freddie Hubbard number that he and James really stretched out on. As you say in your blurb James is certainly on of our top jazz guitarists.

I hadn't heard Nick before - what a great and creative drummer!
All underpinned by Lisa's solid bass.

There were smiles all round last night - they are all such great musicians - they took some chances, and that jazz magic just took over.

See you again very soon
Martin