Tuesday, July 02, 2013

A Holiday “Reminder”

A Holiday “Reminder”

Even though I am now on holiday (some say I went west ages ago) I haven’t forgotten your need to be reminded of who is on at Hedsor Jazz this week.

So, with a little help from a netbook, this is Thursdays little delectation.

Together with Clive (ask him what colour the railings are now) Burton on trombone, this week Hedsor Jazz has that wonderful fellow Reading resident of Clive’s, Stuart Henderson on trumpet and flugel horn. If you haven’t heard him before, you have missed many treats. Take up our offer of a listen this week, AND also welcome back Nigel Fox (keyboard) from his honeymoon. Ken Rankine will be again on bass and Martin Hart on drums.

Hedsor Jazz meets every Thursday in the Big Room at the Hedsor Social Club, from 8.30pm ‘till 11pm. It will cost you £6 to get in.

Martin Ashford, a regular visitor to Marlow Jazz, and amateur saxophonist, has asked me to plug an event he is involved with:-

“I'm attaching the flyer about the jazz impro workshop on 27th July, do pass it on if you know any amateur players who might be interested.  But, as it says, it's firmly for folk like me with no or very little improvising experience, definitely not for the advanced players!!”


I hope the flyer makes it to the blog, but do email him ashfo24@gmail.com for more info if it isn't clear enough.




No comments: