Tuesday, April 24, 2018


Hedsor Jazz

THIS WEEK (Thursday April 26th) we welcome back that wonderful vibraphone player Alan Grahame.
Alan at his "Celebration of a Life in Music"
He has been our guest on many occasions, and has never worn out his welcome! His playing is wonderful, and if I can have some of his vitality at his age I will rejoice and be greatful!! Our usual selection of strolling players will keep him company, but expect some Benny Goodman sounds coming out of our session at Hedsor this week. “7 Come 11” please!!

Last week we had a great two tenors week (no I don’t mean it cost you £20 to get in!), with Robert Goodhew alongside our own Mike Wills. Robert had brought along some of HIS charts, and we heard some new tunes with Mike doing some superb reading. I only managed to grab the second set on my mobile phone, but do have a listen via my DropBox files at


I haven’t edited out anything except the raffle, so if you don’t want to hear the announcements just play the “odd” numbers.

Geoff Swaffield’s photos from the evening are below.




Coming up in May 

We have the Quintet on the 3rd, guitarist Terry Hutchins on the 10th and saxophonist (and larger than life character) Tracey Mendham on the 17th.

That’s me blogged out for this week, its short and sweet as I’m off to celebrate someone else’s special birthday. Mind you at my age ANY birthday is special!

See you all very soon (but only if you turn up at Hedsor Jazz!)

No comments: