Tuesday, August 14, 2018


HEDSOR JAZZ


I just want to say a BIG thank you to all of you who came last Thursday and made for me a really memorable evening.

Thank you to all who so generously gave cards and presents.

Thank you to all who provided food, laid the tables out, and at the end of the evening cleared up as I enjoyed the closing moments of my special day.

I hope you all enjoyed the music. It WAS recorded. If you want to hear it all again go to:-


I must thank all who provided that music:-

Roy Williams, Gill Cook and Duncan Lamont Jr guests for the evening.
Our more regular performers, Lester Brown, Nigel Fox, Ken McCarthy, Steve Riddle, and of course Martin Hart.

Then there was that surprise song from Charlie Wren where nearly all the lyrics were made up of tune titles. It was written especially for my birthday.

All in all for me it was a wonderful evening, with many of my friends from long ago coming many miles to share with me my kind of party.

So THANK YOU all again for creating it.

Some of Geoff Swaffields photos from the evening









Below you can see what we have for you into the next few weeks:-

Aug 16         Max Brittain gtr - Robert Goodhew sax
       23         Kelvin Christiane sax   -   Andy Gibson tmp
       30         Al Nichols sax -  Alan  Graham vibes

Sept   6        Lester Brown tpt -  Robert Goodhew sax
13                       Mike Wills sax and Jezz Cook gtr
20         BBO Big Band night...a sponsored evening to raise money for the sponsors charity (The Thames Valley Adventure Playground for Disabled Children)
       27         Max Brittain gtr -   Duncan Lamont Jr sax

All gigs will have a rhythm section made up from some of our familiar faces, who often are, Nigel Fox keyboard, Steve Riddle bass and Martin Hart drums.

Except for nights when a buffet is run entry fee is £7 
                                                                       and start time 8.30 pm

Hedsor Jazz is ALWAYS on a Thursday evening and has been since 2002.


Geoff C

No comments: