Monday, June 10, 2019


All that Hedsor Jazz 

this week will be one of our really special nights.

No, no food (well, crisps and nuts at the bar I’m sure) but a quartet of superb musicians. Our start time will be our usual 8.30pm, and our entry charge will still be £7, BUT, we have coming to play for us:-

First, the name on the poster, British guitar legend NIGEL PRICE.

Then on keyboard, someone many of you have asked to see again, JOHN DONEGAN


Then on bass, local man made very good STUART BARKER


FINALLY on drums our very own MARTIN HART


So, I would suggest that you come slightly earlier than you usually do. If you are too early you can help us put the seats out, BUT if your late, you may not get one!!

Last week both Geoff Swaffield and I were away. Geoff S on holiday, I was helping my wife celebrate a birthday, HERS!

So we don’t have any photos to brighten the text. But we do have a rave review from someone who was there:-

“Last Thursday was great with the fitting combination of Stuart and Duncan. Stuart  was especially excelling with a fantastic version of Willow Weep for Me using the mute and hitting some tremendous high notes. Sandu and Secret Love were 2 other tunes which had the audience (about 25) raving.”

The Stuart was Henderson and the Duncan was Lamont Jr.

As well as celebrating June’s birthday last week I have to mention that Roy Hole celebrated 95 years on Sunday (as I write this, yesterday). Well done Roy, and very many happy returns for many more birthdays to come.

The last time I was with you at Hedsor I had 2 Brunel Students with me. They have done some work amongst the students using Instagram.  Check out 



You never know, we may see some younger members in the audience. I will just mention that if you have a genuine students union card (or similar proof of student status) our entry fee on non food nights is £3.

For now, farewell.

A footnote. Both Nigel Price and John Donaldson are at this years Swanage Jazz Festival, AND Nigel (it is rumoured) is going to try and keep “Harri’s Jazz” running.


No comments: