Tuesday, July 09, 2019


Blog Date 9th July 2019

Hedsor Jazz will be without me for the next 2 sessions, BUT it will still be exciting jazz that I will be sorry to miss. Yes, it is my annual pilgrimage to the south. Swanage, Portland and other places.

So just in case I don’t get another opportunity to tell you who is coming, here is the listing for the rest of this month.

July 11th An Evening featuring, but not exclusive, to Latin Jazz.

This will feature a number of our friends including Jezz Cook on guitar, Mike Wills on reeds, Alan Grahame on vibs and percussion, Mike Jeffries on additional percussion, Martin Hart on drums, Nigel Fox keyboard and Peter Hughes on bass. And you get all of them for your £7 entry. As I wont be there I hope someone will take some photo‘s of the evening for my use in a future blog.

July 18th will be our usual rhythm section fronted by Andy Gibson on trumpet and Mark Aston on reeds. Again a photographic record of the evening would be good to have!

July 25th we have The Clive Burton Celebration Quintet. Yes, now Mike is able to drive again we can get the full Celebration Quintet back together again, with Mike Wills on reeds and Lester Brown on trumpet and flugel horn.

And then we have our very special

August 1st evening!

Sarah Moule, Simon Wallace, Dave Bitelli and “The Genius of Duke Ellington”.


Last week’s session with Stuart Henderson and Anatoliy Vyacheslavov was up to our usual standards too. My photos of our very entertaining evening are below,





Sir Michael Weinblatt on Raffle Duty





and IF you have the technology you can download and hear it all via


So for a week or so, That’s it from me Folks

No comments: