Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Below is a photo of Mike Wills playing at this years Brecon Jazz Festival. Mike is a regular member of The Clive Burton Quintet and Century Jazz.




This weeks nag is much later than I anticipated today, but still in time I hope for you to enjoy:-

TONIGHT

Al Nichols and his band at Bourne End Community Centre. Yes, its time for Mo's gig again as its the first Tuesday of the month (of November) and you have put your clock back haven't you!
8.30 pm start, nibbles at half time, raffle ticket entry.

Wednesday, Lynn Garner AND Century Jazz are at The Farnham Maltings in Surrey, a gig normally occupied by The Otis B Driftwood Band. But, the music and hilarity will this month be led by Clive and his Merry Men. 8pm start £7 (I think) to get in, food and bar available.

I guess Ken McCarthy will be playing at The Harrow in Hughenden Valley, and I'm sure he knows who with. 8.30 start, always a free gig.

Thursday, Clive again plays The Hedsor Social Club with his Quintet, 8.30 pm start, raffle to fund the band. Please pay as much as you can afford!! You know it makes sense!

Sunday, Century Jazz at Fifield 8 pm start, food available, raffle funding.

I haven't actually had time to listen to new CDs this last week, as I was away in Ipswich. The weather was wonderful, so I took full advantage and roamed to the heights of Lowestoft and Sutton Hoo.

I'll try and write some more critiques for the blog tomorrow.

TTFN

Geoff C

ps. Some of you out there haven’t been to any of our gigs yet. We know who you are!!

GC

No comments: