Tuesday, October 04, 2016

HEDSOR JAZZ 

is still operating (to everyone's joy) every Thursday even at the slightly increased price of £7. This week will be another week with the regular band and if you have never heard this band (shame on you) why not take the opportunity on Thursday to visit and enjoy tuneful swinging jazz, with a sprinkling of humour and, dare I say, virtuosity!

During my enforced period of home based relaxation (!) I have listened again to a CD I listened to first a month or so ago, and it is so good, and such fun, that I thought I would nag on about it again!



"Down in the Deep Deep Blue" by The Man Overboard Quintet is brilliantly recorded, and will give your Hi Fi a good massage, the musicians are incredibly together and clean sounding, the enthusiasm for their music is obvious, and yet again, I had to smile. On the three counts they are good, good, and good!!

Manouche in style they may well be, but their choice of material goes way past Django's! "Please Don't talk About Me When I'm Gone" introduces the CD, and the voice of Louisa Jones, a lady I have not met, but maybe I will seek her out. She has a very attractive "cold" pure presentation, which suites the songs beautifully. The CD is available on the Champs Hill Records label as CHRCD089

One final plug for live music. I was email yesterday by Mike Jeffires:-

Evening Everybody,

I would just like to remind you all that tomorrow Tuesday 4th Oct we have the 2nd airing of the band "In The Pocket" at Bourne End Community Centre in Bourne End starting at 8.00 - 10 .30, We will be playing a mix of music from some standards but mostly more funky stuff from the likes of Stevie Wonder , Paul Simon, Billy Joel and others.

The musicians are ; Martin Pickett on Organ and vocals, Jez Cooke - guitar, John Monney- Bass guitar, Mike Wills Sax and myself on the Four Skins and a mike. It is only £5 .00 on the door including raffle and nibbles so please come and support live music because when it's gone you will be left with discos and rapp and what could be worse than that ( well perhaps Punk) even if it is live, well only just.


Hope to see you all.

Sadly I wont be able to be there, but perhaps you could take my place!! It's a bargain price, especially to hear Jez Cook again.

Until I see you all,

TTFN

Geoff C

No comments: