Tuesday, October 16, 2018


Hedsor Reading time again!

And before I nag on about what is to come, I will enthuse about what we have had!

I know I have “enthused" about Robert Goodhew's playing before, but last weeks session at Hedsor, with John Coverdale on guitar, was near perfection. Great playing, great tone, great sound overall. All we needed was a bigger audience. 

Robert is one of this countries undiscovered jazz talents. I am only too pleased that we can give him opportunities at Hedsor to play and develop alongside other experienced jazz musicians.

Geoff Swaffields pictures of the evening are below, and if you want to listen to the evening, either again, or to see what I’m blogging on about, for the next month you can catch up with all the sounds from last week via my DropBox folder:-








This week (October 18th) we have Lester Brown on trumpet and flugel horn, with Kelvin Christiane on reeds. Our drumming band leader Martin Hart is back from his Spanish Retreat, and I anticipate that Nigel will be our keyboard player. And as has become our habit in the last few months, we will have a guest bass player. So if you can, come and enjoy live jazz.

Sadly on Tuesday next week (October 23rd) we say farewell to Margaret Goodyer. Margaret was a Hedsor Jazz regular in the days when we held our jazz nights in the bar, and she helped with our advertising, taking on the roll of contacting local papers to share our joy in the music! Her funeral takes place at 12.15 and for more details see last weeks blog.

It had been my intention to write more this week, but time, and a less than reliable update from Microsoft, has made that too much of a chore, so for now, “Let me say goodbye". Which is a very nice song!:-


STOP PRESS

Vasilis Xenopoulos will be coming to Hedsor in January.

Watch this space.

If you want to do some homework for the gig, check our Harold Arlen!

No comments: