Tuesday, March 26, 2019


It being Tuesday and blog day, this one will be shorter than usual as I have  lot of things on my desk that all seem to shout “do me first”!

Coming to us this Thursday are a combination that we haven’t seen at Hedsor Jazz for a long time. First heard together in the bar, not the big room we use now, trumpeter Stuart Henderson will be with a saxophonist of HIS choice. Know to us as “Tolly”, Bulgarian (I think) Anatoliy Vyechslavov is now a very busy man. Together they play powerhouse jazz and I would highly recommend you to get to Hedsor this week. Recent piano players have been seen to play with their shoes off, (not at Hedsor you understand!) but I think the jazz this coming Thursday will blow your socks off! Miss it at your peril. That’s this (Brexit) Thursday, March 28th 8.30pm, £7 entry with free parking and a chance to be a winner with our free raffle. 

The photos below are from the session in the old bar at Hedsor in December 2011.



Also coming up soon is a gig Alan Grahame would like to promote for April 27th . Poster below.

And below are photos from last week’s wonderful session. I know, I do say more often than not how good our sessions have been, rarely do I say they were less than good. Last week’s though was one of those nights that seemed to have had a low expectation (not enough of you in the audience), but I for one am glad to have been at a session where that jazz magic happened. 

Alan, as you may know, hasn’t been well recently. Last Thursdays gig at Hedsor was his first gig in 6 weeks. He wanted to be at Hedsor for it as he knew he would be amongst friends who would understand if he wasn’t as good as usual. He knew we were a knowledgeable audience and was nervous. BUT what a wonderful evening of music it was. Max Brittain and Alan were in perfect harmony all evening, and that oneness seeped into the rest of the quintet. “Our” Nigel was on top form. Once the first number was underway I whipped out my mobile phone and recorded the rest of the evening and wonder of wonders , that recording sounds pretty good too. You can try it by using the link to my DropBox folder below.

DropBox link to last Thursdays music:-

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/csuyqklq4lls7q5/AADbps5TaFmP0VPdsBCp3n96a?dl=0






Mention must be made as well as we had a guest musician sit in during the second half. Bass player Andy Crowdy. Watch out for him, he will be with us again on April 11th.

This photo thank to Geoff Swaffield
The Jazz at Hedsor is alive and well, but to survive we need more in the audience more regularly. Go on, come out to The Hedsor Club on a Thursday and let music be the food of …. Oh I don’t know, you tell me!

No comments: