Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Good evening bloggers,

I’m sorry but there wont be a full blown blog this week. Last Thursday I was dragged back into Wexham Parks A&E  with a referral letter from my GP. After something like 12 hours I was diagnosed at 1am on Friday with something called Epiploic Appendagitis, which is pretty uncommon and certainly not jazz!! It is kind of like Appendicitis but doesn’t need an operation to cure it.

I am now halfway through “the cure” and hope to be back to enjoy this coming Thursdays Jazz at Hedsor. However at the moment I am staying very close to my antibiotics!

Just a reminder then that this week, Thursday May 19th, we have

 Lester Brown Trumpet, Frank Waldon Reeds, Ken McCarthy Keyboard, Martin Hart drums and a bass player as yet unknown to me.

The mammoth stay in A&E resulted in excellent care, I eventually had a CT scan and at 1am I was seen by 2 consultants. After intravenous antibiotics for an hour or so I was finally allowed to go home at 2.15am Friday! I had been due to have a week away, but was only let home on the basis that I could get back to the hospital if need arose within 45 minutes

Just don’t ask me to say what I had wrong with me. I have seen the pictures but I still can’t pronounce it. 

No comments: