Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Well, I managed to miss AL Nicholls AGAIN.

But joy of joys, I managed another thorough investigation of Wexham Parks A&E system (or lack of it!). It was just my luck to go down with another bought of pneumonia, and I have been at home with a big bag of antibiotics since Tuesday last.

However, Geoff Swaffield has kindly sent me some photos of last week's session (which was another unusual combination for Hedsor Jazz, no keyboard, but tenor sax, rhythm guitar, lead guitar, and drums). I have put some below.



Bass player is Dave Richmond 












Some great portrait shots here from Geoff Swaffield, taken on his mobile phone

I have also managed to put together 2 posters. DO try and copy, print off and display somewhere a frustrated and potential jazz fan might read them. They are below in all their self-explanatory beauty! 




















So you will see from the poster that coming to Hedsor Jazz this week, Thursday October 13th, we have “our” Mike Wills on reeds, together with Lester Brown on trumpet, who when together at Hedsor Jazz become “The Clive Burton Celebration Quintet”.

I hope next week to be a little more erudite, but for now, like the song says, “Let me say I love you”, or as Duke Ellington used to say, “We Love You Madly”! 

No comments: