Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Good Morning England. A non jazz blog today, I am away in the Cotswold's, and it is the first wet day right from the start of it! So a brief word or two, but not about jazz, because although the buildings are lovely, and the Westonbirt Aboretum is beautiful I have yet to trace down any live jazz hereabouts. There is nothing like Jazz In Reading, telling you of all the gigs in the area, because I don't think there is any jazz at all in the area! We saw a great production of Noel Cowards "Private Lives" in Cirencester's "Barn Theatre" and the interval music, via a recording, did sound like Bix Beiderbecke, but it was a recording, and unattributed at that!

So, just to make sure you know what is happening at Hedsor on Thursday, and to save you looking back a few blogs, I will tell you, but wont be there myself!

On trumpet Ian Smith, on tenor sax Tracy Mendham, on keyboard Nigel Fox, with Martin Hart on drums, and as is our wont, a guest bass player! That's Thursday 22nd June from 8.30 at The Hedsor Bar.

You can tell me what last week was like, I wasn't there to hear or take pics, but just to show what I have seen this week, a few snaps are attached.





Do look closely at the picture below the poppies, the trees are a reflection in a pond, with the ripples from the fish are under a leafy branch!

That's it for now, coffee time, enjoy Jazz at Hedsor you lucky people. 

Don't forget Jazz in Swanage is beckoning! There may still be tickets:-

https://swanagejazzfestival.co.uk

No comments: