Wednesday, March 24, 2021

A little light blogging, as there are few gigs to encourage you to go to, (well none really). BUT there are some you can watch in the privacy of your home!

Watched in retrospect. Last Friday I did watch the streamed concert from Norden Farm of Tina May. 









It did sort of rub home the problem. I wasn’t actually there! The sound quality and the visuals put out by Norden Farm were excellent. The lack of any audience reaction (applause!) was initially shocking. The fact that the gig ran without a break was a surprise (especially for my bladder!) but it was a full gig, 1 ½ hours of very good music. Tina was joined by Robin Aspland on piano, Andy Cleyndert on bass and Winston Clifford on drums.














After my mention last week of Stuart Henderson and the number of his clips on YouTube, in looking for more this week I came across a super demo of a new trumpet by him, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMRQlhkYA5E Look further for Stuart on YouTube and under videos you will see more clips.

 

As I haven’t found much of interest to go on about this week, I thought I would give you something to listen to from a Cancer Fundraiser that we held at Hedsor on May 18th 2017

 

Disk 1

  1. There is No Greater Love
  2. Alone Together
  3. It Could Happen To You
  4. Favela
  5. Move

Dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nkbd592l1lw5344/AADTk7ByZRnXjdTC-VarSutta?dl=0

 

Disk 2

  1. Speak Low
  2. I let a Song...
  3. Hearts
  4. Old Folks
  5. Ornithology
  6. I’m Glad There is You
  7. On a Clear day
  8. Bluesology

Dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t3eb5uwewjdx9j5/AADR-jpRornDU066HDYqBtJua?dl=0

 

Cast is Clive Burton trombone, Nigel Fox keys, John Monney bass and Martin Hart drums. Guests are Nigel Price on guitar and Vasilis Xenopoulos on reeds.

 

Yes, we used to run splendid music. The sad thing is I think we all took it for granted. BUT watch out for the possible return of some form of live music to Hedsor on May 20th. His is subject to confirmation, so do keep an eye on the blog.

 

Thats it for now,

 

Geoff

No comments: