Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Blog day was really yesterday and today it is a bit late, BUT there are good reasons. With no bated breath I can tell you that this morning I had my second covid jab!!

And apart from that bit of news, there are one or two other chunks to pass on.

One of the reasons the blog wasn’t written yesterday was that I was working on transcribing the email addresses of people who like to be reminded (OK “nagged” then) of the issue of a blog update.

I have managed to retrieve some of the links, following on from my Russian intruders, from a paper copy of the lists I had. This archive is probably not up to date, so I have 2 requests.

1.       Would you please send to me at Octogeoff@outlook.com your current email address, and

2.       If you don’t want to be disturbed by my emails, please email me to tell me so and you will be taken         off the lists.

BUT please do not use zt36geoff@hotmail.co.uk to communicate with me.

Obviously I am taking some measures to ensure future safeguard my pc’s wellbeing and I looked at the recommendations of “Which Magazine”. Highly regarded by them is Kasperskey, and some pretty good coverage is available for free too. I tried it out on one of the computers I am readying for Ghana, and it is easy to load, and uses much better English in it's instructions than Norton 360. I then noticed that its office base is in ......................................Moscow!!

Now for other things.

If you do want to come to May 20th Jazz at Hedsor,  our proposed limited edition, you MUST let Tracy know via an email to tracy.georgiades@gmail.com

We are planning a covid restricted jazz event at Hedsor, with distancing rules and we are limited to a max of 30 people. Entry will be controlled, and an entry voucher will be asked for before you are allowed in. This event cannot yet be written in concrete, but we have every hope that we will be able to go ahead.

An event that will definitely NOT be going ahead is The Swanage Jazz Festival 2021. A revised date was issued today informing that  the next Swanage Jazz Festival and it will be on the 8th to 10th July 2022.

An online jazz event will take place at Norden Farm on March 19th. Tina May will be performing some of the songs associated with Duncan Lamont and it will be live streamed. See https://bit.ly/321TinaMay for all the information you need.

Following on from my recollections of the late Chris Barber, more is available for you to watch on YouTube, and a very good alternative to the Big Band link I put out last week is this 1994 concert on YouTube that is out in 2 parts:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RvzqagIfB8  part one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKch6Hg4yP0 part two

Slightly more conventional, (one trumpet, one trombone), but still with great blues guitar from John Slaughter.

Finally this week I thought I would add in a few photos taken by me from Swanage Jazz Festivals past.








Ah, those were the days!!

No comments: