Wednesday, August 25, 2021

  

Good Morning Jazz Fans.

I have a good excuse why this is a day late, and why it will be brief. BUT IT IS INFORMATIVE!!

Below you will find not only my photos of last week’s session with Duncan Lamont Jr and Mike Innes, but also a link to my DropBox files from which you can download all of the music and chat from the evening.






Those of you who were in the audience will remember that it started fairly soon after a power cut and during a torrential down pouring of rain. One of the tunes they didn’t play was “I Think It’s Going to Rain Today”, but when power was restored the next tune they did play was “I’m Beginning to See The Light”!

The evening was, despite the unfortunate start, one of superb jazz music. One of our regulars emailed me thus:-

Hi Geoff, I’m sending this email to tell you how much I enjoyed last Thursdays jazz. Duncan Lamont and Mike Innes were superb. The combination of sounds, harmonies and beautiful arrangements were just sublime. I hope to have the pleasure of hearing them again in the not too distant future. A great night of jazz. Thanks Geoff”.

You missed it? What can I say? Jazz at Hedsor on a Thursday Night can sometimes be, as my emailer suggested, “sublime”!

DropBox  link here:-

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zr3ld0vr7olamew/AAD-wWmCXkA6iHVBEOmWQvUga?dl=0

Tomorrow (Thursday August 26th) we have “our” regular trumpet player Lester Brown coming to play alongside multi reed man Mark Aston, backed by our regular trio led by Martin Hart.

For September I only have at the moment the listings for the beginning and the end of the month! 

September 2nd The Clive Burton Celebration Quintet which of course mean we will have a return of Mike Wills as our multi reed player, again with Lester on trumpet. 

But for the end of the month, September 30th we have a very special evening for you! 

On tenor sax VASILS XENOPOULOS

On guitar NIGEL PRICE

On keyboard KEN McCARTHY

On bass ANDY CROWDY

On drums MARTIN HART


This will be at our usual start time of 8.30pm and our usual admittance charge of £10. I do have the artwork for a poster, so if anyone would like a PDF of it to print and display let me know (Octogeoff@outlook.com).

For any of our gigs do let Tracy know you are coming (tracy.georgiades@gmail.com). Don’t forget you will be expected to abide by whatever covid hygiene rules apply at the time.

No comments: