Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Hi All, I’m a BIT PUSHED FOR TIME THIS WEEK, AND YES, I’M A DAY LATE ALREADY.

So a brief blog, just to keep HEDSOR JAZZ firmly in the forefront of your minds, and I hope your diaries.

I published a full list of our August gigs last week, so do take a look back, and remind yourself of what you can’t miss. I hope that means EVERYTHING!

This coming Thursday we have:-


Last week we celebrated together Alan Graham’s 94th birthday. I haven’t yet had the chance to remaster my Tascam recording of the event, but wasn’t it good!? If you shut your eyes you would never know that Alan is of that kind of age. With your eyes shut you wouldn’t see him sit down between playing, but those of us in the audience are sitting down just to watch! The evening was further enhanced by the additional percussion of Hedsor Jazz’s deputy drummer on the conga drums. I trust his palms have recovered!

My photos of the evening are below.






 

The evening was also enhanced (even refreshed) by the buffet supper at half time. A brilliant spread, the sausage rolls were the best I think I have ever had. This was organised by John Dutton and Mike Jeffries, well done.

Some parts of the evening were videoed by Will Paine, and he has put it out on his Facebook page. Do take a look.

https://www.facebook.com/will.paine.90/videos/342014214144966

Don’t forget we would still like to know that you intend to come to each session so do please let Tracy tracy.georgiades@me.com know you are coming.

Now I come to the classified adds!

Our sound engineer and lighting rigger Geoff Swaffield is looking for an assistant to give him a hand in setting up and taking down at the end of each Thursday. If you know of someone who has an interest in that side of musical production, has the physical strength to do it and would be interested in helping us, please let Geoff S, John Dutton or myself know. Don’t forget to tell the person nominated beforehand though!!

No comments: